...welcome... sit back... relax... enjoy the words... share some words...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh, John


Have read the work by Berryman I has a sense of pain. I felt like he was exposing himself through his poetry. "29" I could not break through the surface to understand the true meaning or story about the poem. I did however like the style the poem was written in. "45" I had a feeling that he was writing letters to someone. There was loss and promise in this poem. I do not know much of Berryman's background, but I do think a lot of it played into his writing. I did read that he died by throwing himself over a bridge. There must have been a lot in his life that would lead to something this drastic. I can not wait to hear more about this poet tonight!
CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment