...welcome... sit back... relax... enjoy the words... share some words...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Endings

I just love all of the short stories we have read!


I really liked this short. I thought the different situations were a wonderful contrast to "Happy Endings". Never was an ending happy. The beginnings and middles of the situations were fairly happy, but never an ending. This is something we need to look in our on lives and see that right now is our "happy" a our "ending" is approaching. So, is there a such thing as a "happy ending"? There may be happy and sad moments in the middle, but when the end is near do we consider all of the moments happy and sad?

After reading this short I couldn't get Taylor Swift's song, "White Horse"

Maybe I was naïve,
Got lost in your eyes
I never really had a chance.
My mistake I didnt know to be in love
you had to fight to have the upper hand.
I had so many dreams about you and me
Happy endings;
Now I know

I'm not a princess
This ain't a fairytale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood,
This is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down.
Now its too late for you and your White Horse,
To come around.


I don't know if it's just because the lyric "Happy Endings" was included.
CJ

1 comment:

  1. "My mistake I didnt know to be in love
    you had to fight to have the upper hand."

    To me, that's a pretty cynical and sad view of love. I'm not sure if the singer is just describing her former lover with this comment, or if, having learned a thing or two from bad relationships, she now embraces this philosophy as well.

    To me, love is never based on power. In fact, just the opposite: the greatest use of power is to love.

    Anyway, I was going to just make a Kanye West joke since you had quoted Taylor Swift, but then that line really struck me.

    ReplyDelete