...welcome... sit back... relax... enjoy the words... share some words...

Monday, February 8, 2010

2-3-2010




I just wanted to say thanks for allowing my lesson of Elizabeth Bishop to run better than I expected. I learned a lot from you all about the 2 poems we read. I liked the way you get each other thinking, as well as myself about Bishop's work.

Wednesday also opened my eyes to the O' Hara and Ginsberg poems.

I really liked the fact with Ginsberg, that his poem was meant to be read aloud. Hearing the different readers allowed to me to focus on the message. (I tend to read these poems to myself, but have started to read them all aloud.) Also, the activity when we created our poem was neat. It showed that this poem is timeless. Great job Stephen.

O'Hara were better explained to me after the lesson. The group work allowed me to talk out my interruption of his work and hear others as well. I liked it.

Digging down deep into poetry is new for me. I've never been taught how to look at it any differently then the words right in front of my eyes. Besides reading them in class, or reciting "The Road Not Taken" this class is helping be break through the surfaces of the poems.

This class has been eye opening, and I love the exposure to the different poets!

CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment