...welcome... sit back... relax... enjoy the words... share some words...

Monday, January 18, 2010

*(This is Updated)Hills Like White Elephants




By: Ernest Hemingway

Wow... I was way off by this short story after reading it once. After the discussion in class I had to go back and reread it. I then noticed the relation to the abortion. Even though it was not flat out stated that it was the main concept or the story, there are suggestions to it. I'm glad that I know what I now know.

I would think that people who may be going through this similar situation may have similar conversations. This couple I thought was at a breaking point in their life. The female was over the heartless comments of her companion. The male was trying to make the situation a minor one in their life.

This subject is one that many people know happen in the world, however it is not widely accepted or talked about.

I have not read much from Hemingway, however this short story makes me want to read more.
CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment